Theme 1: Can You Get Pregnant Right After Your Period?
- You are moving into your fertility window, so yes, you can get pregnant right after your period.
- On a typical cycle that occurs every 28 to 30 days, the fertility window is usually between Day 11 and Day 21.
- Remember, sperm can live up to 5 days.
- If your period (bleeding time) lasts for 5 to 7 days, and you have sex right after that, you are approaching your fertility window.
Theme 2: Can You Get Pregnant on the Last Day of Your Period?
- If you stop bleeding on Day 6, have sex on Day 7 and ovulate on Day 11, it’s possible the sperm from Day 6 will be waiting in your fallopian tubes for conception.
- Your chances of conceiving right after your period increase each day after your bleeding has stopped.
- If you are trying to conceive this is a good time to have sex.
- Increase your chances of conception by having sex every other day for the next 14 days.
Theme 3: What About Right Before Your Period?
- The likelihood of getting pregnant right before your period is extremely low.
- For women with a typical 28- to 30-day cycle or longer and their cycles are regular, it is fairly safe to say your ovulation occurred between Day 11 and Day 21.
- The egg is only available for 12 to 24 hours for conception.
- This means the days right before your period are the safest to have sex without the expectation of getting pregnant.
- The number of “safe days” right before your period go up with longer cycles and lessen with shorter cycles.
- If you wait 36 to 48 hours after ovulation, you should be beyond the possibilities of conception.
- The further you are from ovulation, the less likely your chance for conceiving.
- This is not the time to have sex if you are trying to conceive.
- It’s still a good time to enjoy intimacy with your partner.
• A woman’s ovulation cycles can vary.
• And, so it’s statistically possible you could become pregnant while on your period.
• While pregnancy is less likely in the earlier days of your period, the chances increase in the later days.
• So, if you’re believing to become pregnant and haven’t conceived after a year or more of having unprotected sex, seek help from a fertility specialist
• Get subscription to consult with SGHS Provider
• Get referral to a Fertility Specialist
• Review ALL our video teachings